Open part-time positions:
Administrative Assistants (1) for Children’s Theatre
While Kearney Community Theatre is a non-profit, volunteer organization, we do employ a part-time staff in the positions of Maintenance and Administrative Assistants.
At this time, we have one Administrative Assistant position open:
Children’s Theatre Coordinator (seasonal; 5-10 hrs. per week). To start the application process, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to continue the application process. Positions are open to those 21 years and older and are open until filled.
Academy of Children’s Theatre ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Description: The person in this position will be responsible for coordinating the fall and spring ACT productions, as well as the coordination of the summer workshops. Duties will include:
- Work with the Play Selection Committee, Educational Theatre Committee, and/or Executive Director to select play productions.
- Cultivate a list and actively pursue individuals that might be interested in directing ACT programming for board approval.
- Create a directing handbook with essential requirements to guide a production team.
- Assist directors in obtaining parent volunteers for all needed production responsibilities including, but not limited to: set-builders, ushers, bar, costume shop, backstage supervision.
- Assist directors in creating programs and printed materials to submit to Executive Director for printing.
- Attend auditions and production meetings as necessary.
- Attend at least one performance of each production.
- Oversee the clean-up/restoration (strike) of booth (including microphones), costume shop, prop room, greenroom, and backstage area.
- Discuss with the Educational Theatre Committee a plan for summer workshops (include workshops for grades K-8) by March 1st.
- Assist in creation of checklist for workshop leaders.
- Write descriptions of workshops and find workshop leaders to submit to Educational Theatre Committee for approval by April 1st.
The ACT Administrative Assistant will be under the supervision of the Educational Theatre Committee, as well as the Executive Director. The contract would be for one year with a review and an option to renew. The Executive Director will carry out an annual job performance evaluation of the ACT Administrative Assistant. Salary will be discussed in the interview process.
Requirements and skills:
Applicants must have experience dealing with children in a variety of settings. He/She will be required to participate in a background check. The applicant also needs a proactive attitude, and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. It will be expected that the ACT Administrative Assistant have ongoing communication with the Educational Theatre Committee and the Executive Director.